Courtesy of RE/MAX Housing Blog.
If you’re one of the home sellers who is thinking about how to sell a house fast, here are some resolutions that could help boost your chances of a quick sale.
Repeat to yourself: “I pledge to…”
1. “Avoid drastic design changes” – Unless you plan to turn your bold color palette into a more neutral one, then it’s best not to try and anticipate what buyers want in design and décor. For which you can hire services like this HSP Painting Company.
The best approach to freshening up your home for sale is to simplify and depersonalize the look and feel so that potential buyers can picture building their own lives there. If you’re thinking of repainting walls I suggest you visit alextrendpainters.ie, as you’ll find a few examples from which you should be able to get a lot of neat ideas.
Having new window installation, replacing an old toilet or buffing and restaining kitchen cabinets would help the home sell, by all means make these types of updates. Just be sure to keep your personal preferences in check. Your real estate agent can help you prioritize and remain objective.
2. “Stop neglecting the drippy faucet” – This applies to any repairs you might view as minor but actually could be a symptom of a larger system problem such as needing septic tank pumping. Addressing things like plumbing leaks, when to get your clogged drained cleared, poor ventilation and cracks in walls helps everyone avoid surprises from the inspection report and avoid the delay or even cancellation of a sale. When you have the information, you can either make the fixes through a sewer services company or work with your agent to adjust pricing during negotiations with the buyer. You can also look up services like piping & repiping services in Seattle, WA or visit sites such as lavergneplumbing.com/plumbing-heating-in-lynden-wa/ for professional guidance.
3. “Price my home reasonably” – It’s understandable to think your home is the best on the block and worth more than all the others – especially if you’ve invested in key upgrades and remodels. And, frankly, you might be right. But the only way to truly know is to consider recent sales of comparable homes in your area. Your real estate agent can provide you with the latest information and help you list at a competitive price that’s appropriate for your area and the local real estate climate. Looking for a real estate company that’ll help you sell your house fast? My friend used a company called we buy houses in San Diego.
4. “Make my home inviting” – This starts with creating curb appeal. The condition of your home’s exterior is a big part of getting buyers in the door. Maintaining the yard, sweeping the porch and driveway, replacing the tattered welcome mat, getting some garden furniture uk, replacing missing house numbers, and removing clutter all are things that can help improve curb appeal with help from services like https://insideoutpainting.ca/.
5. “Thin out the clutter” – The best time for making tough decisions about what stays and what goes is BEFORE you put your home on the market. By the time the for-sale sign goes up, the home should be clutter free. You can either toss things you don’t want, sell these items, or move the more personal ones to storage. The types of items to remove include your prized knick-knack collection, clothes overflowing from the closets, and family photos. You want all closets and cupboards to appear as spacious as possible. When they’re jam-packed, it gives the impression that storage is limited even if that’s not the case.
6. “Clean like I’ve never cleaned before” – Think about under, behind, around and between. It’s easy to focus on cleaning the major surfaces using this guide explaining How To Disinfect Your Home, high-traffic areas, and areas that are visible. But what about the dust on top of the refrigerator and the exterior? Look up pressure cleaning near me to find professionals who can power wash your exterior.
How about the slats in the window blinds? Have you cleaned the cabinets under the kitchen or bathroom sink recently? Did you notice the cobwebs behind the guest-room door? Look high and low for the dirt. Hire upholestry cleaning service to do it for you.
7. “Nail down my next step” – Don’t let your new plans and new place get lost in the shuffle of selling your old place. Determine where you’ll go next before your home goes up for sale. Are you prepared to move if your home sells quickly? Although it might not be typical, a quick sale is certainly possible. On the other hand, are you prepared if your home doesn’t sell quite so quickly?
Be sure to talk with me about your relocation needs and timeline. …and remember: I am never too busy for you, or your referrals!