My Grandma’s 5 Golden Rules
1. Don’t make things complicated. Make it SIMPLE. Your clients don’t care how you do it, they just want it done.
“Git ‘R Dun with K.I.S.S.”
2. Make everything you provide convenient.
Example: If you can complete a form for your client, fill it out and they will sign it. By allowing credit card payments, you’re also making it easier for customers to buy from your business. Customers also tend to spend more when paying on credit cards, especially on impulse purchases, resulting in increased sales and revenue. Comparing different providers can help you save on processing credit card fees.
3. Return your phone calls on-time.
Make this your number one priority during business hours. Return phone calls are the gateway to opportunity that keep your competition from being on the phone with your clients.
4. Do not over-promise. It’s better to under-promise and over-deliver.
If you can do it in 3 days, promise it in 5 and make darn sure to be early. Prepare to be early and never be late.
5. Cheaper is not always better. Fast and right is not cheap.
Constantly validate your value to your clients. Penny wise and Dollar foolish does not work for long term client relationships.
My Grandma use to say: “I am not wealthy enough to afford cheap shoes”.
…and the extra bonus rule #6 for everyone: ALWAYS LISTEN TO GRANDMA!