Jan 1, 2017
…as part of the ‘Ditch The Dad Bod’ series.
As a beer drinking and food loving American Man I struggle with the battle of the bulge. Ok the battle of Morbid Obesity really. I have tried just about every diet and every fitness craze from starvation and cleansing to masses of Fat and Protein to perpetual healthy snacking to outright fasting for 1 to 2 days a week. Yes, Yo-Yo waist and scale and pants.
In traveling and thanks to a European Wife that is quite the foody we have come to the conclusion that dinner portions and meals in traditional American culture, as well balanced as they are and of course all endorsed and recommended by the FDA (Beware this is a Government entity like the IRS and DMV.) are off the charts in calories and carbs.
So here is our first lifestyle challenge of 2017 and we would love to have our friends and family try it with us for 30 days and see if our theory is correct. 30 days with no dinner.
I know everyone is limping into the New Year so Monday is a great day to start and try this so here are the rules.
- No sugars and carbs after 5PM.
- Drink Green Tea or Chamomile to calm the stomach before bed.
- Drink a ton of water at night to feel full.
- Substitute large dinners with healthy snacks of veggie boils
- Eat quality Breakfast and Lunch
- Snack often throughout the day
- Move 30 minutes everyday. Walk, Workout, whatever
- Ditch the adult libations at least 6 of 7 days.
Here are some substitutes for your steak and potato that will keep you alive through the pain.
- Cabbage and Pickles soup (Make it spicy with no carb hot sauce)
- Baked Apples with Cinnamon and Splenda
- Handful of Almonds or other nuts (Small hand: no more than 10)
- Handful of Berries or Grapes (Large Hand: no limits really)
- Avocado and Tomato wedges in Red Wine Vinaigrette (No oil)
- A mountain of plain lettuce
- Just bubbly water…
- Please send your (less than 100 calorie) healthy night snack ideas to Editor@boldspicynews.com
Full disclosure: if you pass out or die trying this challenge BSNews is not liable since no one here has any accreditation or expertise in Diet, Nutrition, or Health and none of us work for the FDA.
We would love some feedback from the professionals as well. So chime in Fitness and Nutrition Experts.
On January 31st let’s all meet online and post our pounds and inches losses… or gains.
Thanks To Creative Commons Attribution: Credit source as “freefoodphotos.com” for the berries cover image.