Oct 27, 2016
If I asked you what ingredients are in your face lotion, could you name them? Or better yet, could you pronounce them? Having great skin is an indicator of one’s health. The skin is the largest organ on the body. It only makes sense to treat it with the utmost care. Most, if not all, mainstream beauty products contain harsh chemicals and preservatives. Ever heard of Phthalates or how about Tricolson? Yikes! They are meant to last on a shelf, not on your face. After cycling through multiple beauty products, I finally found one to call my own: CAMP Skincare, a Toronto based line of beauty products that promote smart skincare using only Mother Nature’s ingredients. I am a huge fan of the “Ying-Yang Balancing Facial Oil.” As a repeat customer, I find that this oil leaves my skin feeling super soft and hydrated. Did I mention that it smells amazing!?
- Cherry Kernel Oil: “Very high in linoleic acid, an essential fatty acid known to effectively reduce acne while restores skin’s barrier function for a more supple, clear complexion.”
- Watermelon Seed Oil: “Contains over 60% linoleic acid and has the ability to dissolve sebum. Also contains lycopene, a powerful free radical scavenger.”
- Argan Oil: “Known as “liquid gold,” this precious moisturizer is high in Vitamin E, polyphenols and potent phytosterols known to stimulate cell regeneration.”
- Pomegranate seed oil: “Studies have shown that the polyphenols found in this superfood oil may prevent wrinkle formation and reverse photo-aging caused by the UV destruction of collagen.”
- Camellia seed oil: “Cold-pressed from the seeds of the tea plant, this moisturizing oil is extremely high in oleic acid which delivers Vitamin-E-rich moisture for diminished fine lines and wrinkles.”
- Borage Seed Oil: “The greatest natural source of GLA – an omega 6 fatty acid that stimulates skin cell regeneration.”
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil: “Balancing. Improves hydration in dry skin and regulates sebum in oily skin.”
- Pink Grapefruit Peel Essential Oil: “Detoxifying. Refreshes and tones skin with a healthy dose of vitamin C.”
You can feel the love that founder, Lisa, puts in each and every product. You are getting what you pay for at $30 for a 1 oz bottle. However, my philosophy is you shouldn’t skimp on true health. If you believe in having gorgeous skin, without the use of harsh chemicals, then I urge you to try CAMP skincare. Your body will thank you later.