I have to say the last year has gone by so quickly. The incredible daily positive encouragement I have received from all of our healthy lifestyle experts was more than critical along this journey.
The positive energy in the healthy lifestyle world is one of the most attractive reasons to starve and sweat. To keep things positive in the last 10 days of 365, I have asked for 3-10 positive “DO’s” to help all of us keep of the fight.
Top Ten or Ten Commandments For Fitness “DO’S”
1. NEVER let yourself get starved. Starved takes away all fitness- sense.
2. Set your workout days at the beginning of the week and schedule around them, not the other way around.
3. Prepare your food in advance. Don’t wait until you’re hungry or there’s a good chance you’ll grab what you shouldn’t grab.
4. Know what you’ll snack on and keep food with you always. Keep it in your purse, at your desk, and in your car. See commandment #1.
5. Stay off the scale (as much as possible). It can be a motivation buster. As you gain muscle and lose layer, your weight may stay the same or even go up. Don’t let numbers throw you off your game.
6. Eat breakfast. It’s true what they say – breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It gets the metabolism moving, and gets the brain and body rolling for the day. When you skip breakfast, you usually make up the calories later in the day anyway.
7. Have a treat meal. The key word is “meal”. Don’t have a treat day or worse a treat weekend. One over-done meal can set you back days which means you never move forward.
8. Find supportive friends. That means one or two. Don’t tell Aunt Mary who loves to cook and makes you eat. You need close friends to cheer you on, not the friends who are jealous they because they can’t do it themself (yet).
9. Drive past the drive-through. No more fast food. Not only is it just bad for you, it’s high in fat, salt, calories and chemicals, and can actually alter your mood and trigger other not-so-good cravings.
10. Your fitness is an everyday-thing, not just a weekday-thing. You should absolutely take rest days and absolutely have some food-joy, but plan it into your week, don’t cram it all into one weekend.
You are working out consistently
at least 3 days a week.
You can now see the changes your
body is making going from fat 2 fit.
For the next 10 weeks you’re going
to bump up the intensity and focus
in your workouts. You’re going to
give it your all in every rep of every
set you do increasing your weights
every week and really challenging
For the next 10 weeks you’re going
to really dial in that diet. You’re going
to nourish your body with muscle
building protein, fat burning fresh greens
and healthy fats. Cut back on
starchy carbohydrates and sugar.
You are on the highway from fat 2 fit
with no detours, no road blocks.
In the next 10 weeks you will have a
more healthy, fit, energetic body
that will NOT be a New Year’s Resolution.
This is NOW your lifestyle.
Certified Fitness Professional
Certified Fitness Nutritionist
Natural Health Advocate
Social Media Management/Consulting
I have one major DO — STAY HYDRATED!!!! You will notice your energy level picking up, your skin will look beautiful, and you will be filling up your stomach. Sometimes when we feel hungry, we are really just thirsty. How does one stay hydrated? DRINK WATER. Each person will have their own amount of water to drink. Here’s the math: Take your body weight, divide it by 2 = MINIMUM number of ounces of water to drink PER DAY. If you drink 12 ounces of coffee, you must drink 12 ounces of water to zero out the dehydrating coffee. Don’t drink it all at once — it’ll only pass quickly out the body. To stay hydrated, one must sip the water throughout the day.
Debbie Barker, CNHP
Personal Trainer Come experience the efficient 30 minute workout
Health Coach Take pounds off quickly and learn how to eat for life
Reiki Master Japanese technique to relax the mind and body
Pranic Healer Level I Get more energy in your body
Here are my top ten positive thoughts/changes that can impact a healthy lifestyle the most:
1. Purchase GREAT quality food. Your are worth it!
2. Eat whole foods as often as possible, and refined/denatured foods less often.
3. Chew your food. Do not bite and swallow… you are not a shark!
4. Take the time to sit down and eat. Shut off the tv, sit down with your family, say a prayer or be thankful, and start chewing.
5. Enjoy your food. Smell the aroma of your food, savor it, taste it, chew it, and love it. You are what you eat. If you enjoy your food, you will enjoy your body that much more.
6. Love yourself. Always! There is no self-abuse in self-healing. Love yourself and where you are at in your journey and keep moving forward.
7. Move your beautiful body. Every day in any way, just get out there and move. Take a walk, go for a run, shake a tail feather (go dancing) play sports with your kids/friends.
8. Breathe. Take a course in meditation or breathing – trust me, the more you oxygenate your body, the better you’ll feel.
9. Be patient. Focus on improving your health one day at a time. The weight or sickness didn’t come on overnight, and it won’t resolve itself overnight. Persistence and patience are the keys to helping you achieve your goals.
10. Most importantly, be present to each and every moment of your life.
Wishing you health,
Andrea Beaman, HHC, CHEF
DO expect to put in the work. Good health requires work, it does not just happen.
DO make realistic goals. 1 to 2 lbs. a week is considered healthy weight loss. So, if you have 50 lbs. to lose, know that this could take you 6 months to one year to accomplish that goal.
DO be aware of red flags – marketing and advertising that promise quick results by purchasing a product to help you lose weight.
DO put up your blinders when approached by the food pushers or those around you that think “you deserve a treat”.
DO weight training, at least twice a week.
DO effective cardio, three times a week. Quality of cardio workout is more important than quantity.
DO treat your nutrition as a workout. Nutrition is 80% of the battle when it comes to weight loss.
DO know in your heart that you have everything you need inside of you to lose weight. You don’t need the pills or shakes or wraps. You just need to follow your instinct again.
DO surround yourself with positive people when possible and when not, then you be positive. Make a contract with yourself and don’t let yourself down.
DO give yourself a second chance. Never give up, even if you have a bad day. Get back on the right track and press forward.
Start With The Inside
If you believe it, you can achieve it! Join my Facebook
Fanpage and get daily tips, recipes, motivation and articles!
1. Wake up every morning thankful for a new day to make new choices.
2. Make decisions based on your commitments, not your feelings.
3. If you fall, get back up.
4. Eat protein with every meal
5. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate
6. Color your plate- reds, greens, orange
7. Sweat daily, move your body!
8. Sleep 8 hours a night
9. Don’t sweat the small stuff, love deeply.
10. Thank your body every day for what is right about it!!!!